“The Earth is the Lord’s and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it, for He founded it on the seas and established it in the waters.” — Psalm 24:1
The Importance of Giving
Giving is part of the foundation upon which we build our church community. Giving helps continue our mission in serving and loving the community. Giving is good for the soul, and the antidote for selfishness. Watch one of our sermons on giving.
How to Give
Visit the giving kiosk, or use a tithe envelope. Please make checks payable to Florida Hospital Church.
Give online at any time with our easy-to-use donation site. Create an account and connect your credit card or bank account for a one-time or recurring gift. We’ll send you a tax receipt too!
Please mail checks to:
Florida Hospital Church
2800 N. Orange Ave.
Orlando, FL 32804
Why do we give?
In the New Testament, the meal of a young boy—a few fish and loaves of bread —fed 5,000 men and women in the hands of Jesus. This act is not possible with ourselves in control, but when we hand our offering to Jesus, we release our grip on our worldly possessions and put them in His hands to help our brothers and sisters in need. The story of the loaves and the fishes shows us the power of even the smallest gift. God doesn’t need our offerings, but when we give we will experience the spiritual rewards of letting go.
Where It Goes
Your generous gifts are a cornerstone for our church and community programs. Where your tithes and offerings go:
- Everything we do at Florida Hospital Church is paid for from the Church Budget.
- Our fiscal year runs July 1 through June 30.
- All of our records are open for review.
- Two components of our budget—local staffing (non-pastor employees) and support of Orlando Junior Academy—cost nearly half a million dollars combined, which is more than half of our annual budget.
- If you have a specific intention for your gift, we strictly honor that request.
- These are funds, beyond tithe, which support the Seventh-day Adventist Denomination
- Funds marked “World Budget” provide support for 18 designated ministries
- Biblical tithe is 10% of your profit.
- According to Malachi 3, tithing is not giving but simply returning the portion of our increase God says is His.
- We send 100% of the tithes to the Florida Seventh-day Adventist Conference.
- Your tithe pays our pastors and provide a portion of the support for our teachers at Orlando Junior Academy.
- Florida Conference of Seventh-day Adventists operates on about 80 cents of every tithed dollar.
- The remaining 20% of tithes support other areas of denominational work.